You deserve a healthy, happy smile — let us help you get there!
Our routine dental exams make it easy to maintain your oral health with a personal touch.
At Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek, preventive dental care is the foundation of our dental practice. Healthy smiles for our patients start with great home care and routine dental exams, and we are here to help patients of all ages learn how to take great care of their teeth and keep their smiles in good health.
We know that every patient has unique oral health needs. That’s why we take a personalized approach to our services, tailoring them specifically to your individual requirements. Routine exams help us pinpoint these requirements, so we can provide the care that keeps your smile healthy! Come join our dental family today, and experience the benefits of healthy teeth and gums. Our team is excited to take care of your smile for many years to come. Reach out to our Walnut Creek, CA office today!
Benefits Of Routine Exams
Regular dental check-ups offer a wide range of benefits that go beyond just maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile. That’s why the American Dental Association recommends that most patients go to the dentist twice per year for routine dental exams and professional cleanings. In addition to taking good care of your teeth at home by brushing twice per day and flossing daily, dental check-ups and cleanings are one of the best ways to prevent uncomfortable and costly dental issues.
Here are some benefits of routine exams:
- Prevention of dental problems: Regular dental exams can help identify potential dental issues early on, which can prevent them from turning into more serious problems later.
- Early detection of oral cancer: Oral cancer is highly treatable when detected early, and regular dental exams can help identify any suspicious lesions or growths in the mouth.
- Maintaining good oral health: Routine dental cleanings and exams can help remove plaque buildup, which can reduce the risk of cavities, gum disease, and bad breath.
- Cost-effective: Preventative dental care is typically less expensive than treating dental problems that have progressed to a more advanced stage.
- Improved overall health: Poor oral health has been linked to other health problems, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. By maintaining good oral health through routine dental exams, you can improve your overall health and well-being.
What To Expect At Your Routine Exam
We go the extra step to make sure every patient feels at home while they are in our warm and friendly dental office. Dr. Troy Schmedding and our entire team of dental professionals use a gentle touch when performing all treatments, and we are equipped with the latest dental technologies to provide you with high-quality, comfortable care.
At your routine visits, we:
- Professionally clean your teeth, removing any built-up plaque and tartar that can contribute to tooth decay and gum disease; once tartar has formed on your teeth, brushing and flossing at home cannot eliminate it, and a professional cleaning is the only way to remove this harmful substance from your teeth.
- Take images (such as x-rays) of your teeth as needed to get a better understanding of what’s happening on the inside of your teeth and jawbone, the areas that the naked eye cannot see.
- Talk with you about any issues you may be having with your teeth and gums, so we can help create a preventive or restorative care plan for you.
- Examine your mouth for any signs of disease or decay – when these issues are caught early, they are typically much easier, less time-consuming, and less costly to treat.
- Perform an oral cancer screening to ensure that we do not detect any precancerous or